[sbe-eas] FCC Proposes Multilingual Alerting

Walke, Larry LWalke at nab.org
Fri Jan 26 11:29:44 EST 2024

Yes, the FCC has zero idea of how much this would actually cost, and assumes that it would be a free and easy software upgrade. And makes no mention of the fact that many of the stations it is trying to target, foreign-language stations, may be small and least able to afford to implement its proposal.

Larry Walke, NAB Legal & Regulatory
(202) 429-5313 (o)
(202) 607-7611 (c)