[SBE] (no subject)

Bill Burckhard billb at khmt.com
Tue Feb 6 14:09:44 EST 2007

I read with interest the article on who should be responsible for
illegal RF transmission. Years ago, when I worked in two way radio, I
observed that the dealer did the licensing paperwork for the clients who
bought systems. I have never seen that with broadcast related equipment
however. I guess that I can imagine situations where an unscrupulous
dealer should be held responsible for license infringements where the
dealer is well aware that the equipment will be used unlicensed.
Broadcast people all seem to be aware that they need to ensure that the
licensing is taken care of. I really don't see where a dealer should be
held responsible for violations under those conditions. Thank You.

William R Burckhard

445 South 24th Street West

Billings, MT. 59102

(406)652-4743