[SBE] SAGE Endec

Alan Kilgore akilgore at wrvm.org
Thu Mar 1 17:55:30 EST 2007

EAS signals all use UTC to cross time zones without equipment
confusion. The device converts to local time for the display and printer.

You would have had it correct if you left off step 2.

You do *not* change the time.

The internal clock is actually keeping time in UTC, not the local
time. If you change the time (hour) instead of (or even in
combination with) the UTC offset (correct for either EST or EDT) then
you are changing the internal UTC clock. You should only have to "set
the clock" to keep the seconds in synch due to clock drift. DST
shifts should all be made only by changing the UTC offset.

Alan Kilgore, CPBE
WRVM 102.7 FM
work phone 920-842-2900
FAX-to-email# 623-321-7176 (available anywhere)
ham callsign WB4THU
station web: http://www.wrvm.org/
personal web site: http://www.ez-net.com/~alankilgore/