[SBE] Continental 316F plate transformer needed

PuebloTallTower at aol.com PuebloTallTower at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 16:27:59 EDT 2007

Chris:

I spoke with this gent, yesterday,

Here are the stats:

His three phase plate xfmr, is operating, the defective phase has been taken
out of circuit.

They are operating at about 2 kW, and cover the town OK.

i have two xfmrs that would work, and Laverne has told him their station (a
5 hr drive away) also has a retired one that still works. ( has been warm,
but still will output the correct and necessary power)

I mentioned to the gent, that we were not aware he was on the air and
operating 8 dB below his normal output.

However, my suggestion was that if he really wanted to run at full power, he
probably should plan on the 5 hr drive.

But if it was me, I would have the correct replacement on rush order, and
make the 5 hr drive only if he really needed to.

Moral of story, "when you are off, you are off... " when you are on and
covering the town where the revenue comes from, be happy...

Harvey E. Smith
2020 Baculite Mesa Road
Pueblo, CO., 81001-2456

719 546 1418