[SBE] ATV (ham TV) via internet Re: Meeting last week, and next week.

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri May 11 16:10:22 EDT 2007

Last night, the ATV group in Rockford, IL exchanged video and audio with the
group of ATV'ers based in California, all being part of the Amateur Television
Network (ATN). Tuesday night is ATV Net night in the Los Angeles area at 8 PM
(10 PM in Illinois). During the net, video and audio was transmitted from Don
Hill, KE6BXT, who is located in Mission Viejo, CA over the Internet using a
Slingbox, picked up on my computer, using the video out to give a full screen
picture that was then re-broadcast over the local W9ATN ATV repeater here in
Rockford, IL.

Likewise, when it was our turn to transmit, we used another Slingbox at our
QTH in Rockford to transmit video received from myself (WB9MMM), John, KA9SOG,
and Mikayla, KC9HVQ to the group of ATV repeaters that are all linked
together. So, we were all able to see each other checking into the ATV net across the
country.

Many of you have heard of IRLP, and I would like to suggest that this might
be working towards ITVLP (not my term, someone else thought of it), but I need
to clarify that this was all done manually where IRLP you can dial in using
DTMF. Will we get there some day. I bet we will!

Will others that have ATV repeaters join in on Tuesday nights. I hope so. It
was a lot of fun.

Invitation from ATN - everyone can watch and check in via keyboard:
I also would like to invite you to check-in to the ATN Net held every Tue. @
8:00 PM PacificTime/Wed. 0300 UTC. We will have a special control operator
watching the web site to take your check-in via the link. ( Sign into the chat
room below the streaming video and type in your call and message and press
"send".) The special control operator will then relay your check-in to "Net
Control" and your call and message will be announced on the air. That web site is
www.ac6rb.com .

The latest issue of Amateur Television Quarterly has a good article about all
the California, Nevada, and Arizona (with plans for NM) ATV repeaters that
are linked and how it can be done (not using the Internet).

See you at the Dayton Hamvention - booth 207.

Gene Harlan - WB9MMM
NEW - Name Tags by Gene
Harlan Technologies - publisher of Amateur Television Quarterly
ATVQ at hampubs.com
815-398-2683 - voice
815-398-2688 - fax
http://www.hampubs.com