[SBE] SBE Net, Reflector availabilty]

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Tue Jun 12 13:36:45 EDT 2007

Chris is right Clay. A "Reflector" in todays technology can
mean so many things. We have dedicated server space at a
location here in West Michigan (no earthquakes, no
hurricanes, no mud slides!), that the "owners" have
basically given me slot 9615.

It is my thought that this would become a full time
broadcast engineering reflector/conference room. On your
drive home from work, or on the way to that mountain top tx
repair, all of us engineering types can talk shop. I do not
expect a lot of activity for a while. But we have to walk
before we can crawl. I myself have an IRLP node running out
of my house.

One possible additional use for the reflector 9615 is in
times of various disasters, like Katrina, or even a town
that got wiped out by a tornado, is that the engineers could
use the IRLP system to call for help and equipment. In times
like those, using ham radio to facilitate who has what
equipment and where are they, is very proper and legal.

tom K8TB