[SBE] FAA Flight Service Stations

Dan Mammone dmammone at dbc1.com
Fri Oct 19 10:13:00 EDT 2007

I also found a way to look at the NOTAM itself, to ensure that it is listed... or not listed.

Go to the following link - https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/geo/radiusForm.html

Or in case they make changes to their website, navigate to it: www.faa.gov, NOTAMs link under Pilots section, Radius & Flight Path Search tab.

Enter your tower coordinates, or location code if you know it. You will see a listing of current NOTAMs. To find your tower, use find on your tower registration number.

I found that it took about 24 hours for changes to be applied.

One thing of note is that the NOTAMs site gives me a certificate error (WinXP SP2, IE7), but I continued to the site anyway. No problems in site function have been encountered.

Dan Mammone, CBRE, CBNT
Broadcast Engineer
Delmarva Broadcasting