[SBE] FW: FAA Flight Service Stations

Tim Anderson, AG4XM ag4xm at fuse.net
Mon Oct 22 08:31:39 EDT 2007

Here is a link to the Lockheed Martin FSS HR web site and the current
closure list. http://www.lmafsshr.com/siteclosing/

As a pilot, I can tell you it has been a real mess. Long waits, pissy
briefers, no knowledge of local conditions. Nothing like wanting to get
conditions to fly in Indiana and talking to a briefer in San Diego.

I actually get most of my briefings and file flight plans on line these
days.

Best bet to report an outage and get a NOTAM listed is to call
1-800-WxBrief. Press 1 to talk to a briefer. Good luck.

Never thought I'd say it, but I miss the FAA running the show.
But then again... I miss THE Phone Company.

73

Tim Anderson, AG4XM
CSRT
Radio Product Line Manager