[SBE] Certification note

Phil Alexander dynotherm at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 02:38:01 EST 2007

On 15 Nov 2007 at 6:36, Wilson Brown wrote:

> Mark,

> This is fascinating stuff. I'd never heard this before.

> Western Electric also made it's version of the 6L6 called the 350B. It had ratings about the same as a 6L6GC and a filament that drew a whopping 1.9 amps! My first "Hi-Fi" used a WECO 142 amp. You could turn it off and it would continue playing for at least a minute until the 350Bs finally cooled down.

> One niggle. I believe the 5881 is actually an 807 with an octal base and no plate cap.

> Best Regards,

> Louis Brown

> (508) 294-5869

Just to keep the record straight, the 5881 was very similar
to the 6L6GB/GC. (Same pinout, near same ratings etc.)
It was the workhorse of pro-sound, often used in P-P
parallel for about 75W sine output during the 50's and
early 60's. Both tubes were classes as beam power
pentodes IIRC.

Phil Alexander, CSRE , AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065 FAX (317) 335-9037