[SBE] HD Set top/ Closed captioning

William McCombs wdmccombs at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 20:19:01 EST 2007

A couple of years ago we had a similar need, but even at that time
the 3100 was no longer available. Although significantly higher in
price, we had to invest in the Sencore IRD to get line-21 on the NTSC
output. Since that time I've not kept track of capabilities of later
consumer boxes that will re-encode line 21 on their composite outputs.

Bill McCombs
KSNW-TV
Wichita, KS