[SBE] 2 Day VSB Seminar

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Mon Feb 4 02:08:32 EST 2008

Dear Fellow SBE members:

As the clock moves us ever so much closer to February 17, 2009 and the
transition to digital, it is important to ensure our technical personal
are equipped to address the issues this new technology brings with it.
To that end, the three Oregon Chapters of the Society of Broadcast
Engineers (SBE) are hosting a two day seminar next month on VSB
fundamentals as well as its testing and measurement. This seminar will
be conducted by Gary Sgrignoli, preeminent authority and holder of a
significant number of patents on this technology. Sgrignoli has gained a
keen reputation for conducting these seminars across the US and is now,
once again, bringing it to use here in the Pacific Northwest. Come join
us - learn and experience our version of paradise. :-)

*_When:_* Friday & Saturday, March 14 & 15, 2008 - 10 am -- Finished
(6-7 pm) on 3/14/08; 10 am - finished (3-4 pm) on 3/15/08

*_Where:_* KLSR-DT Studios - 2940 Chad Drive, Eugene, OR 97408

*_Cost_* is $65 when pre-registered; $75 at the door

*_Flyer and registration form:_* www.sbe76.org/VSB_Seminar.pdf
<http://www.sbe76.org/VSB_Seminar.pdf>

*_Address questions to_*: VSB_Seminar at SBE76.org
<mailto:VSB_Seminar at SBE76.org>

Note: We are attempting to obtain a block of hotel rooms for a
discounted price for those who attend.

The Return on the investment is immeasurable. The cost of sending
technical personnel to this seminar is a fraction of what the cost of
fines from the FCC would be for non-compliance due to ignorance.
*_ _*
Please pass this on and thanks for you kind assistance in helping to get
the word out.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
1980 25th St., Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 -- Everything