[SBE] Theft of copper radials

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sun Feb 17 20:58:55 EST 2008

I've been thinking about this issue...Here's a thought or two -

Install the normal ground system, except around the tower,
where thieves like to dig first, Place a 'dummy' ground system down,
then about 6 inches below that, put in the real McCoy.

or

Still wonder what's wrong with a few strategically placed
Jacob's Ladders around the tower? Seems to me that something
to scare away the bums, inside the tower fence of course, could
be helpful. The problem is that there is nothing around a standard
AM tower that would give the appearance that someone might
get hurt. Certainly Danger-High-Voltage signs won't do it, but
something that actually looks threatening might. Should check
this out with your lawyer first.

Clay Freinwald