[SBE] Theft of copper radials

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Tue Feb 19 15:16:03 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/19/2008 7:12:45 AM Central Standard Time,
strask at star94.com writes:

> We are going to experiment with some concrete and a golf hole digger,

> the one they use to cut new holes on a green, under random radials and

> fill the hole with cement. We are hoping it may slow them down as they

> would have to pop these out of the ground to get the radials.

Naw, they just cut or rip it at the concrete. While I was working at
Qualcomm somone liberated 2 20' section of hard line from the TV station I left (7"
Maxline and 6" Andrew 75 ohm coax) every elbow and cut section of hard line
from the transmitter building, along with an RF power meter (About $12k) and all
the copper plumbing pieces left over from the two transmitter install and the
emergency coax link between the DTV and NTSC systems that let the DTV
transmitter operate on the NTSC channel. I'd tell you the name but don't have direct
proof but he was fired and I got hired back. Not all crooks are unemployed.

Henry