[SBE] How tall is your AM tower? Can we license a tree?

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Wed Mar 12 17:04:52 EDT 2008

On another reflector we have had a discussion of using a tree as an antenna
for HF, VLF (AM band and lower). We didn't discover a MUF for trees any where,
but the WWI accounts and 1960's military did find them more effective than
whip antennas for receive. That got to the question of who has the tallest AM
tower? Anybody want to weigh in with their chart topping structures? (Above
ground, not above sea level) Load up the local Redwood?

Henry