[SBE] Discussion topics

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Thu Mar 13 17:31:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/13/2008 4:14:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
chscherer at everestkc.net writes:

> This list can digress into the same useless chatter that I see on so many

> of those other lists. My interest in what this list could be is incompatible

> with that direction.

Sorry if our fun filled banter is just so much useless chatter to you.
Personally I find SOCIALIZING small talk as much or more important in making new
connections and drawing out the wall flowers among us as deeply theoretical
discussions on the value of buffer overflow in MPEG multichannel multicasting data
streams and how it may cause holes in the data stream from buffer depletion.
Want a serious topic? Start one. Except for a few posts long ago I don't
recall any banner headline that says for SBE organization or lofty technical
discussion only.

Creativity and problem solving comes from the symbiotic relationships of
anecdotal discussions of varied topics and the juxtapositions they create that
stimulate new thought. I am certainly not offended in any way by the bantering as
we got into the definitions we all seem to use but are not necessarily
equally clear to others. I am more offended that you find it "useless chatter you
see on other lists."

Its your list, run it as you wish. But if this is for SBE members, don't they
have a say in what goes here, since there is already a reflector for
executives and committee members that the rest of us do not share? I'll stop here
before I say something I may regret later.

Henry Ruhwiedel CPBE, former board member, former chapter chairman.