[SBE] Discussion topics

Fred Willard fwillard at UNIVISION.net
Thu Mar 13 23:03:09 EDT 2008

Yeah

I try to be supportive and not yawn

.Maybe more of the business twist and some additions from the coasts

----- Original Message -----
From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org <sbe-bounces at sbe.org>
To: sbe at sbe.org <sbe at sbe.org>
Sent: Thu Mar 13 22:59:47 2008
Subject: Re: [SBE] Discussion topics

At 40, I am somewhere in the middle, but I accept your sons'
assessment as accurate. It potentially spells the end of the
organization, too, if you think about it. If younger engineers are
not interested in an organization they see as stodgy and ossified or
maybe even irrelevant, and all the current membership retires, what is
to become of the SBE? Many national organizations are facing the same
challenge, I'm sure.

Are there any figures on what percentage of current SBE members are
within five years of retirement? Ten years? It goes by rather
quickly...and then what?

Jeff
Atlanta