[SBE] Discussion topics

Jeremy D. Morris jeremym at ppionline.com
Fri Mar 14 09:48:31 EDT 2008

As one of the younger bucks on here (at 28), I get a lot of pleasure
reading all the banter from the grumpy old men on here. I enjoy Henry's
rants (BTW, I was the one you flew in for an interview from Cincy) and
all the transmitter/tower talk. Most of the time it seems Henry is the
only one sparking a discussion. I've learned quite a lot in the 2 years
or so I've been on here. But you're right; there is a generational
crisis, as well as a technology crisis. We don't know all the old
analog tricks because we're never exposed to it. We're doing brand new
HD build-outs and DTV transitions for companies and stations where NTSC
is a four-letter word. We've got a NOC in our shop to monitor our
contract clients all over the country. Being on the bleeding edge of
this industry does have its challenges, but it nice knowing where we're
headed and where we came from. This board has been one of the best
places to learn tricks and tips dealing with old plants where the
transition has been difficult. I had a client once who hated to see his
old video DA's go because he didn't know what he was going to do with
all those UHF-to-BNC adapters. I say, overall, the list has been a
success.

Jeremy Morris | Field Service Engineer/ACSR
Professional Products, Inc.
9116 Gaither Road | Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Direct 240-864-4029 | Fax 240-864-0011
Main 240-864-4000
jeremym at ppionline.com | www.professionalproducts.com

Guided by Technology. Driven by Knowledge. Excellence Through
Innovation.
Professional Video, Audio, Data & Control Solutions.