[SBE] Discussion topics

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Sat Mar 15 09:40:31 EDT 2008

> I love the topic....Living out this way where we have 'fresh' mountains

(as

> opposed to those old ones elsewhere) how could one not be interested.

> The geology of Washington State is fascinating to say the least.

> Clay

Most certainly is. I've been driving through the mountain passes along I-84
and I-90 as well as through central Oregon for over 40 years now, and
wondering all the while what caused the various strata to look similar at
various places. Places like southwest North Dakota where the bentonite
clay resembles the ash I find along the Cowlitz river makes me wonder
if they're related geologically.

I think a good curiosity about the local geology is useful when trying to
sort out the RF portion of my job. Not only is 550khz low on the band,
it's in a low spot full of sediment, minerals and water. 101.9 is on a high
(relatively) spot and covers an incredible area considering it's only on a
200' tower.

It's all science, and it's all good.

Dave Dunsmoor