[SBE] Industry retirement situation

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sat Mar 15 23:01:58 EDT 2008

Permit me to make another input to this wonderful
discussion -

Lets call this - Clay had a dream - (Probably
preceded by too much pizza before bed-time)

My dream was about the plight of the RF savvy
Engineers in any-market-USA. What may seem
like doom and gloom could have a silver lining if
you play your cards right ....Follow me now -

Lets say you gather the RF 'gray-hairs' in your
market over at the local coffee shop and propose
that they all announce a similar retirement date.
And right on the heals of that - You mail out to
all the AM/FM/TV stations in the region an
announcement of the formation of a new
company - Just for drill, lets call it - Radio-
Frequency Services (you pick a much better
name). In this brochure you announce that
the new firm is in the business of providing
complete RF equipment services for Broadcasters.

Betcha you will get a lot of bites and your
pay rate and grief level will improve.

This is all a matter of looking for the silver
lining behind that black cloud and turning those
nasty lumps into gold! It's done all the time.

Clay Freinwald, K7CR