[SBE] defining broadcast engineering education

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Wed Mar 19 14:11:44 EDT 2008

Louis:

Good advice and to that I'd add one other source. I've never met an
electron that knew the difference between broadcast and amateur. If a
person who wishes to get the fundamentals down good, they might wish to
check into a ham class that teaches more than just the question pool.
That what I do. I just graduated a group that not only passed the Tech
level exam, but nearly half passed the general class exam as well.
Anyone interested can see not only those who passed but my course
material at: http://www.bloomfield-family.org/HamClasses/Ham_index.htm.
I'm currently working on putting together an Amateur Extra course.

* Larry Bloomfield*, *KA6UTC*

1980 25th St., Florence, OR 97439

(541) 902-2424 -- Everything

WWW.TECH-NOTES.TV <http://www.tech-notes.tv/>

See you on the *Taste of NAB Road Show
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm>*

See the video at: * www.Tech-Notes.TV/DVD.html
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/DVD.html>*

Wilson Brown wrote:

> John,

> The two best pieces of advice I can give:

> 1. Take a refresher course from a good engineering school.

> 2. Do the course homework. If you do, you'll pass. If you don't, you won't.

> Some further comments below.

> Best Regards,

> Louis Brown, PE, CPBE

> (508) 294-5869

>>> certification

>>> schedule. But when you walk in with 40 years experience you likely

>>> got to

>>> walk in for the interview because you have a degree in something.

>> Being a HSG or

>>> GED means nothing in the work world because the quality of HD grads

>>> is so

>>> low, many are functionally illiterate but got their "certificate of

>> attendance"

>>> for being there 6 years.

>>> Henry