[SBE] Can Your Manager Tell You What You Do For A living?

Ted Randall engineering at accessnashville.com
Fri Mar 21 17:17:44 EDT 2008

I feel transmitter tours are a good idea.
Make sure your site is organized and clean however.
It's not real bad however for the place to have a little touch of the "Mad
Scientist"
look about it, but just a little.
It's too bad we still don't use mercury vapor tubes!

Here is something to think about.

Most on air and programming people as well as sales develop the mentality
that "the
signal just occurs" It's just "in the air" it originates in the studio.
You open the microphone pot and zap the signal "just happens"!
I know this sounds crazy but it is true, the transmitter site has been
zeroed out in
their head.
When I had falling ice destroy an STL dish the GM asked me, "can't we just
put on a CD?"
She had no clue and it took a while for it to sink in with me what her
concept was.
Whatever it takes is what needs to be done.
Some GM's are great and never need to see a site.
Others need to be reminded along with staff the importance of time and money
invested at the transmitter site.
It needs to be top of mine ALL their effort and bank deposits are contingent
on that transmitter site!

Ted Randall
Past Chapter Chair
Chapter 103 Nashville, TN