[SBE] Copper Thefts

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Sun Apr 20 01:49:58 EDT 2008

Back in the late 90's when I put KBET-AM 1220 KHz on the air in Canyon
Country, CA, I planted climbing roses on the chain link fences that
surrounded each of my 3 towers and some other thorny plants in other
strategic locations. Having lived in the mountains, I was familiar with
poison oak and poison ivy. It really works, but you'd better be very
careful when you're planting it as the planting might backfire and get
you. We never had a problem with copper theft after that and, other than
the base of the three towers, nothing else was fenced. It was a very
rural area. Even though the neighbors weren't close, they weren't too
happy when they found out about it. :)

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (Everything)
* WWW.Tech-Notes.TV <http://WWW.Tech-Notes.TV>*
See you on _* The Taste of NAB Road Show
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm>*_
& the video @ * www.Tech-Notes.TV/DVD.html
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/DVD.html>*