[SBE] Dry Snow

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Sun May 4 12:49:20 EDT 2008

At 02:58 PM 5/3/2008, Adrienne Abbott, wrote

>I can't believe that the folks who kept track of temperatures in the 20's and

>30's were anywhere as accurate as what we have today. What kind of

>thermometers did they use? How were they calibrated and where were they

>kept?

You might find it interesting to note that it was
only about ten years ago that the NWS decided
they were measuring Tucson temps too high and
reset everything. We seem to be 5 or 6 degrees
cooler here now. Makes a big difference, sometimes
we need a jacket in July, now.