[SBE] The SBE Roundtable

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Mon May 5 13:08:19 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/5/2008 8:16:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
jeremym at ppionline.com writes:

> It seems the most activity on this board happens when we're "off-topic."

> When it gets extremely technical, there are maybe 5-6 posts on the

> subject and then the board goes dark. I enjoy the banter. It shows

> that engineers can be human.

If it weren't for this list the communication from and between SBE
chapters/members would be zilch. Stop the chat posts and there is no reason to even keep
membership because there would be no one to talk to about anything in the
group. Its about the only link I have to SBE anymore. the Signal is a 20 second
read, likewise the presidential address and neither is interactive. Its little
different that the skeleton of Broadcast and Cable mag vs the 80-100 pages it
used to be in the 60's. Anyone besides me remember when the help wanted ran a
dozen pages? Today if you see 1 engineering or talent ad its likely a typo.

Henry