[SBE] Black Balled

Tim Kelly kellysrv at wowway.com
Mon May 5 13:13:38 EDT 2008

Should large corporations owning multiple stations across the country be
allowed to black ball SBE members at all of their locations.

I was terminated by one lying manager to cover his ass and have since been
black balled at every other location owned by this SB group.

I was the only person certified by SBE at this facility except for a newly
hired manager.

SBE certification is looked at badly by this company, and they state it does
not mean that you know anything.

That it is just a business trick for someone to make money.

Multiple station ownership creates a harm to careers in this business by
limiting openings.

Thank God though, that every time I place a resume in a businesses hands
that is hiring, the certification gets me the interview and the offer.

I now have many jobs to choose from each paying 30% more due to the cert.

Just wondering what you folks think.