[SBE] Birds and tower lighting - formerly going green

Kim Sacks radioctrldwife at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:12:34 EDT 2008

How does switching to LED beacons and side lighting avoid problems with
birds? The whole issue of birds and towers has always confused me a little.
I've read some of the documents online from the EPA in early '06 (I think it
was the EPA) about birds flying into towers because they mistake the lights
for stars, or something along those lines. Has anyone actually proven that
dead birds found at tower sites died because they flew into a tower? Are
there any new documents available about birds and towers?

-Kim Sacks

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Chris Murray <crmurray at clearwire.net>