[SBE] LED tower lighting

Urban, Brian L burban at kut.org
Tue May 6 15:11:42 EDT 2008

We have TWR LED beacons at the 1/2 and top levels of our 597 ft AGL tower. It is on the top of a limestone knob (950 feet AMSL) pretty much all by itself; nothing near that height in the area. The site is grounded with chemical rods. LEDs were installed in 2005. We did lose a top beacon last year, cause unknown; TWR replaced it under warranty. TWR also supplied a controller that has current monitors in it-packaged units (European manufacture I think)--I'll get full particulars when I make my site visit Thursday (some fool left the books at the site where they might be needed-oh wait-that was me).

--
Brian Urban
Chief Operator