[SBE] DTV converter

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Jun 5 16:40:36 EDT 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 12:40 pm, Richard Hardy wrote:

> I purchased the Magnavox TB100MG9 at Sears (the last one on the shelf)

> and it works great.

> Does anyone know of any of the pass

> through boxes that will pass through the analog signal as another channel

> along with the digital lineup?

This borders on a no-brainer, guys !

Acquire two, two set splitters, and three one foot jumpers.

Connect one splitter output normally to the input of the box,
antenna to splitter input. Connect the free output to the
OUTPUT of the other splitter. Connect the remaining splitter
output to the OUTPUT of the box, hence a combiner.
The only now free port, the normally-an-input port of the second
splitter now on the output of the box, is the combined output
to your TV system.
On this output port, you have all of the existing analog plus the
converted DTV channel, with about a 6 db loss from the antenna.
The port isolation of the outputs on these puppies is about 20 db
each, so you have about 40 db isolation between the input and
output of the converter.

Now, you have analog pass-around, with NO switching, NO menu,
NO action by the user whatever. Just switch to the DTV converter
analog output channel, and you have converted DTV. All of the
other analog channels work normally, unless you are unfortunate
enough ( as am I ) to have a first adjacent local station.
My converter output on channel 4 interferes with off the air
channel 3 pretty badly.

Additionally, the pass-around passes around the digital signals, so
a second converter down stream also works just fine.

And, I'm the RADIO guy !
Sheesh......
:-)

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."
-- G. Fitch