[SBE] DTV converter

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Jun 5 18:25:34 EDT 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 06:09 pm, Richard Hardy wrote:

> Except that you edited out the part of my post where I am modulating

> channel 4 with my security cameras and I have channel 2 analog to deal

> with for now. Richard

I did, because it's not really a biggie.
The converter will of necessity modulate channel 3.
Maybe it'll interfere with the security cameras, and maybe it won't.
Likewise your analog channel 2. In my case, first adjacent is a problem.
Why it's not a problem for the cable companies, I know not.

If it does interfere, then as it my case you merely turn off the converter
box while observing the security stuff.

Now, if in your specific case, you have more than one TV on the wire,
of which you want one of them on the security cameras while another
is on the DTV output, and there is interference, AND you want them
both downstream of the modulator AND converter, then there isn't
a simple solution.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."
-- G. Fitch