[SBE] Radio engineers wanted by the ARRL

Jeff Carter sbe at hidden-valley.com
Fri Jun 20 12:59:31 EDT 2008

ARRL is looking for broadcasting folks, preferably radio folks, for a
project. If you're interested, contact Allen directly at his email
below.

Jeff
Atlanta
From: "Pitts, Allen W1AGP" <w1agp at arrl.org>
Subject: [pr:9295] Looking for hams who are broadcast radio engineers

OK…this is a call for 3 volunteers.

I am looking for 3 hams who are also broadcast radio type engineers.

I thought of a perfect topic to add to the website. HD radio broadcasting.

This indeed is a new technology to most people and listeners to radio

stations hear that their station recently changed and is "now HD" but

don't have a clue what that actually is about. They know HD on

television, but on radio???

Of course I also am looking for a "hook" into Amateur Radio training
and experience!

So... I ask if you would like to work with others in developing a page

for the technology blog website about HD radio. What is it? How does

it work? What does it mean to the listener? Audio clips of "normal"

and of "HD" to make comparison would be nice.

The goal is to drevelop 3-5 paragraphs explaining it, two sound clips
for comparison, and, if

possible, some pictures (spectrum? Hams at work in a studio?).

I would like to have it to be ready go up by the end of July.

Let me know by email to Apitts at arrl.org if you would like to be part of this.

Once I get some volunteers, we'll pick 3 and go.

If you send in and are NOT picked – rest assured I have your name on a
list here for other things as they come up.