[SBE] Certification

Jim Bernier jim.bernier at sbe.org
Mon Jun 23 16:57:30 EDT 2008

I wasn't aware that BICSI had moved into the realm of certifying cable or
equipment. Their traditional realm has been certifying people and methods,
not specific products.

When the SBE decided to get into the realm of certification, it was to offer
the broadcast industry a measure of an individual's knowledge of broadcast
engineering at a time when the FCC decided to eliminate the requirement for
a First Class Radio Telephone license.

If the membership believes that the SBE should get into the realm of
certifying equipment and products, this would be a good forum to discuss
that need and what it would take to move into that arena.

Jim Bernier, CPBE, CBNT
Chairman, SBE Certification Committee