[SBE] Audimax 4440A Manual Needed

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Tue Jul 8 14:47:00 EDT 2008

Other than its a simple discrete amplifier system, you can increase the audio
coupling caps by a factor of 10 larger and get the low frequency response to
be much better, and add some vitamin C to the PS to get the noise floor down,
or add a TO3 regulator device to really make it quiet. Same for the Volumax.
The transistors are generic and most anything will work. I shortened the
attack time and wound up being louder than the first gen Optimod FM boxes. You can
add a small value series resistor (abouit 4-10 ohms) in series with the
clipper diodes and get an "over-easy" type limiting action that also reduces
overshoots. That's all the improvements I know.

Henry </HTML>