[SBE] digital TV for field checks

Gary Stewart gstewart at ctvn.org
Fri Jul 25 12:36:48 EDT 2008

Has anyone found a 13" digital TV that is good for field checks of your
signal? I guess what would make it good is if the signal measuring
ability were such that you could objectively compare signals levels
between different locations. It would at least need a numeric readout of
levels. I don't suppose any TV would read out in SNR or something
useful like that.

Little portable monitors are useless for displaying OSD menus and signal
levels, especially on bright days. So I feel it needs to be a bright 13"
screen, probably glass rather than LCD.

I plan to do a two way split of the field survey antenna to a signal
level meter to get a real signal level reading and to the TV to make
sure the signal can be locked in on a real world television.

Power inverters are easy to get so I don't think it needs to be a 12v
TV.

Gary Stewart
Cornerstone TV
412-824-3930