[SBE] digital TV for field checks

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Fri Jul 25 18:21:25 EDT 2008

On the link I put in the post below ... the CPU module gives a SNR, received
errors, and uncorrectable errors read out ... maybe I didn't understand the
original post. I thought you were looking for a TV set that gave a SNR
numeric reading?? I haven't found a TV yet that does that myself, but WinTV
has developed a TV card that you can put in your computer that will allow
you to have all the information that I thought you were looking for. The 13"
TV basically becomes your computer monitor ... etc. Granted the cost is a
factor if your buying all new.

As far as the "Duabrand" TV ... I think that's what it is. I have had mine
on the back of my snowmobile .. very reliable/rugged little TV set. I would
recommend it to anyone personally.

This TV however doesn't have any kind of signal strength read out ... so
keep that in mind I guess when your getting it.

Overall, I was assuming that you could get your hands on an old computer you
could modify into a Digital TV with measurement capability. Our station
always has a old computer or two that are used for experiments. The SNR
readings from the example I thought went higher than 10 ... ANYWAY, I could
have been drinking too much hazelnut coffee creamer today.

Hmmm,

Bill Whitt