[SBE] Consumer DTV Education

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri Aug 29 13:32:14 EDT 2008

Here is a survey I participaed in. I have seen some stations do a long form
DTV info program but mostly as part of a news or public affairs show. WYIN
has had TV open houses where we have the public come in or go to civic
organizations and give a nuts and bolts chat. So far a lot of calls, " I bought a box
and can't get your station" typically 2-3 a day. Mostly senior citizens. They
don't know about turning a roof top antenna or have the means to do so. One
caller loses our signal at exactly 8:20 every Monday night and gets it back
around 8:40. Blames us. Hey not my transmitter or signal. Sorry.

I would like the SBE to orgnaize a large public talk, if the TV stations
would promote it and we could get a big venue or maybe more than one venue with
several people doing the chit chat. Can you get a Circuit City or other chain
to sponsor such an event?

Henry Ruhwiedel
</HTML>