[SBE] FW: Classes, SBE Membership, and keeping a pool of qualified members coming from young folks

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Mon Sep 1 17:54:54 EDT 2008

Mike:

This is reminiscent of my last night teaching at Southwestern College in
Chula Vista, CA (the school near San Diego I mention). I was concluding
my fourth and final year teaching evenings there and one my students
from the first year I taught came into the class room. During that first
year, this fellow wanted to drop out of my class only after weeks
complaining he just didn't get it. I told him he didn't know enough at
that sage to get anything and I talked him out of it. That last evening,
he asked if he could address the class: I had no idea what he had on his
mind, but I'll never forget what he said. Pointing to me, he said:
"That man is responsible for me moving from janitor at Mercy Hospital
(San Diego's country hospital) to being a maintenance man at that same
hospitals on their electronics equipment." He concluded by saying: " I
now make five times as much as I did when I wanted to drop out of his
class. Thanks to him I didn't." I simply said: "Class is dismissed -
there's no way I can follow that. Good luck and good by."

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (Everything)
* WWW.Tech-Notes.TV <http://WWW.Tech-Notes.TV>*
See you on _* The Taste of NAB Road Show
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm>*_
& the video @ * www.Tech-Notes.TV/DVD.html
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/DVD.html>*