[SBE] using TS Reader

Gary Stewart gstewart at ctvn.org
Wed Sep 24 15:25:31 EDT 2008

How do I get TS Reader to work with my Hauppauge HVR950Q USB receiver
stick?

When I downloaded and ran TS Reader nothing happened, meaning the
program opened but did not display any data. I was watching local
channels with the Hauppauge software at the time. When choosing the
driver in TS Reader I had to select the generic Hauppauge driver. I did
not see one specifically for any of the 950 series sticks. In fact the
generic one seemed to be the only Hauppauge product that was a USB stick
rather than a PC card or other external product.

The "signal monitor" in the Hauppauge software works fine. Solid 27db
SNR for all stations except the one coming off the back of the antenna
(22db SNR).

Gary Stewart
Cornerstone TV
412-824-3930