[SBE] Digital Conversion PSA

Mason, Scott C scmason at cbs.com
Thu Oct 2 15:15:01 EDT 2008

With today's economy as bad as it is, the more people that know they can
get FREE off-Air television with more channels than ever ,the more
potential there will be for success. Too many people now feel like TV
is not free as they are either paying the cable company or a satellite
provider as they forgot what an antenna is.

If the industry did a better job of telling people they can get
beautiful pictures FREE with only a roof antenna, I think people that
struggle to meet the rent would switch back to over the air TV. While I
can afford cable. I don't watch enough TV ( maybe 2 hours a night) to
justify cable. My UHF roof antenna and Digital TV ( converter box and
analog TV in another room) are just fine, and I don't have a monthly
bill.