[SBE] Digital Conversion PSA

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Thu Oct 2 16:20:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/2/2008 2:57:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
mlangner at swcp.com writes:

> Many viewers, our family included, today watch very little OTA TV. We are

> in the category of "several hundred cable channel" viewers.

> Uh, Nielsen and other agencies that monitor this say 15-45% depending on

market watch OTA and an even larger number on TV set # 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ,7 etc are
OTA viewers. As I recall NYC is the highest penetration of cable/sat TV, a
large % the rest of us are not forced by concrete canyons to do so. Not to
mention that abot 99% of sat and cable subs do not get the additional DTV channels
broadcast by us tall sticks. So if cable/sat carries 14 local into local and
there are 45+ OTA digital channels, then up to 91% don't get the actual OTA
channels provided. More if you figure that the #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc TV sets are
likely not digital and no box for DTV, but maybe pirated off the one sat/cable
box to the main TV set via splitter, etc.

Henry

</HTML>