[SBE] Fwd: IBA -- New Federal Regulation Requires Media to WearSafety Ve...

Adrienne Abbott weathertop at charter.net
Thu Oct 2 17:36:57 EDT 2008

We were told this morning that after a review by the higher-ups in our
highway department, the new regulation applies to Nevada. We are in the
process of writing a newsletter to our member stations informing them of the
requirement. I should add that during my tenure on the desk at a local TV
station, an "impaired driver" went off the road and rolled his car in a busy
interchange that my station regularly used for live shots. I don't know if
this regulation would have made a difference in that case. If the driver
didn't notice a white Ford Econoline van with big letters and bright lights,
I'm not sure he would have noticed orange vests. Maybe we should paint ENG
trucks traffic-cone orange.

Adrienne

_____