[SBE] This coming week - Western Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska on the Taste of NAB Road Show

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Sat Oct 4 10:44:22 EDT 2008

Hi all:

Week twenty-one of the Taste of NAB Road Show takes into three states on
our trek west -- Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska. With only four weeks
remaining on the Taste of NAB Road Show, here's hoping that those of you
in these areas might be able to attend:

1. We start the week with an evening meeting in western Wisconsin on
*_Monday, October 6th_* hosted by SBE Chapter 112
(www.tech-notes.tv/2008/70-Western_WI.htm
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/70-Western_WI.htm>).
2. We then head further west into Minnesota for a noon meeting the
next day on *_Tuesday, October _**_7th _*hosted by SBE Chapters 17
in the "Twin Cities." (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/71-Twin_Cities.htm
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/71-Twin_Cities.htm>).
3. We then finish off the week in the heartlands with a noon meeting
on *_Friday, October 10th_*, in Omaha, NE hosted by SBE Chapter 74
(www.tech-notes.tv/2008/72-Midland.htm
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/72-Midland.htm>).

The links will take you to a page that will provide you with time,
location and a map.

With school back in session; perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to invite
the teachers and students from high schools, junior colleges, colleges
and trade schools in your area to attend our upcoming presentation. It
would give them exposure to some of the latest technology in our
industry and an opportunity to be exposed to the wonderful world of
broadcasting and the fine folks who work in it. They'd also be exposed
to the internships on line program that SBE is now fostering. You'll see
some of the latest technology our industry has to offer, get fed and
possibly leave having won one of the door prizes.

Our presentations this year are very different than in the past and
we're adding more technologies as we travel. For our other
presentations, please visit: www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm> . Please note that
this is an educational event: NOT a sales presentation. Admission is
FREE to all and you don't have to be a member of SBE or anything else to
attend. Please plan on no less than three hours for food, the
presentation and door prizes. Just think: if you'd gone to NAB, you'd
have lost at least a day going and one returning, not to mention the
time you'd spend while there. Hope to see many of you at one or more of
these meetings. .

*Besides being educational, we want these events to be a fun too with as
much local participation as possible. If you have or know someone who
has a collection or hobby that relates to broadcasting (tube
collections, old gear - radio and/or TV, etc.) and would want to put it
on display at any of our presentations, please have them contact us at
RoadShow at Tech-Notes.TV <mailto:RoadShow at Tech-Notes.TV>.*

Here's hoping we'll see you at one of our presentations between now and
when we finish on October 30th in Seattle, WA.

--

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439