[SBE] Fwd: IBA -- New Federal Regulation Requires Media to WearSafety Ve...

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Mon Oct 6 08:12:18 EDT 2008

YOu would think as much as the media champions liberal laws and is supporting the Obama campaign, which hopes to save the middle class, that they would jump on board such a safety policy.Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT Comm-Struction and Services LLC P.O. Box 629; Bel Air, MD 21014 USA V- 410.879.5567 F- 240.368.1265 C- 240.417.2475 ebukont at msn.com Member: IEEE, SBE, AES, PMI Digital Media and Power Systems Integrators. A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner

From: weathertop at charter.netTo: sbe at sbe.orgDate: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:36:57 -0700Subject: Re: [SBE] Fwd: IBA -- New Federal Regulation Requires Media to WearSafety Ve...

We were told this morning that after a review by the higher-ups in our highway department, the new regulation applies to Nevada. We are in the process of writing a newsletter to our member stations informing them of the requirement. I should add that during my tenure on the desk at a local TV station, an “impaired driver” went off the road and rolled his car in a busy interchange that my station regularly used for live shots. I don’t know if this regulation would have made a difference in that case. If the driver didn’t notice a white Ford Econoline van with big letters and bright lights, I’m not sure he would have noticed orange vests. Maybe we should paint ENG trucks traffic-cone orange…
Adrienne

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of A9xw at cs.comSent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:15 PMTo: sbe at sbe.orgSubject: Re: [SBE] Fwd: IBA -- New Federal Regulation Requires Media to WearSafety Ve...

While the notice to me was IN specific, it likely applies to every corner of the US and territories unless you never took a dime of Fed money for roads. . Henry