[SBE] Racking in a circuit breaker

Thomas Wojciechowski tomtraveller at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 09:49:53 EDT 2008

All good questions, unfortunately no answers. The video was forwarded from overseas w/o details. The only comment that can be inferred is that the incident was not in the USA. These circuit breakers are cabinet sized and are removed from the housing on casters and wheels. My guess is the CB was misaligned to start and then jacked (forced) into place. I've seen some work habits that makes one shudder in disbelief. Like Hill Street Blues - Be careful out there....

From: info at techworkspro.comTo: sbe at sbe.orgDate: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:15:24 -0400Subject: Re: [SBE] Racking in a circuit breakerNot too pretty. Where was it? When was it? Why the H*&* were they working it hot?