[SBE] The Taste of NAB Road Show Week 23 of 24

Carl Sundberg carlesundberg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 21:49:07 EDT 2008

Hey Larry,

Guess who never applied for the job?

Carl Sundberg
3318 Coraly Ave.
Eugene, OR 97402-6544

Cell: 541 520-2867
Landline: 541 461-2324

----- Original Message ----
From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry at Tech-Notes.TV>
To: sbe member discussion mail list <sbe at sbe.org>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:33:10 PM
Subject: [SBE] The Taste of NAB Road Show Week 23 of 24

Hi
all:

Week twenty-three of the Taste of NAB Road Show only has two
presentation and takes
us into Utah and Montana:
1. We start the week in Salt Lake City
with an evening meeting hosted by SBE Chapter 62 on Tuesday,
October 21st. (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/76-Utah.htm).
2. We then finish off the week in
Bozeman, MT with a noon meeting on Thursday, October 23rd,
hosted by SBE Chapter 137 (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/77-Montana.htm).
The
links will take you to a page that will provide you with time, location
and a
map.

All technically oriented folks could benefit from these presentations,
be they
broadcasters, IT folks, students, hams, and the list goes on. Perhaps
it
wouldn’t be a bad idea to invite the teachers and students from high
schools,
junior colleges, colleges and trade schools in your area to attend. It
would
give them exposure to some of the latest technology in our industry and
an
opportunity to be exposed to the wonderful world of broadcasting and
the fine
folks who work in it. They’d also be exposed to the internships on line
program
that SBE is now fostering. You’ll see some of the latest technology our
industry has to offer, get fed and possibly leave having won one of the
door
prizes. There are currently five jobs in our industry that will be
advertised
as part of these presentations.

Our presentations this year are very different than in the past and
we’re
adding more technologies as we travel. For our other presentations,
please
visit: www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm . Please note that this is an educational event: NOT a sales
presentation.
Admission is FREE to all and
you don’t have to be a member of SBE or anything else to attend. Please
plan on
no less than three hours for food, the presentation and door prizes.
Just
think: if you’d gone to NAB, you’d have lost at least a day going and
one
returning, not to mention the time you’d spend while there. Hope to see
many of
you at one or more of these meetings. .

Besides being educational, we want these events to be a fun too with
as much
local participation as possible. If you have or know someone who has a
collection
or hobby that relates to broadcasting (tube collections, old gear -
radio
and/or TV, etc.) and would want to put it on display at any of our
presentations, please have them contact us at RoadShow at Tech-Notes.TV.

Here’s hoping we’ll see you at one of our presentations either this
week or
next as we finish this year’s tour on October 30th in Seattle, WA.

--
Larry Bloomfield - KA6UTC

Larry Bloomfield- KA6UTC
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439