[SBE] HD plant construction engineer needed

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Oct 23 08:19:33 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 10:41 pm, Edwin Bukont wrote:

> NABET can't over rule federal and state laws of safety, taxes, insurance

> etc.

> A freelancer perhaps could be paid that, but given the hours you are

> discussing, the IRS policies against illegal contracting out of full time

> work would probably require benefits to be provided.

Good point !

He did mention this was a short-term employment position, so factoring
in the benefits an employee gets, NO 2% self employment punishment
penalty tax, health coverage, workman's comp, retirement contributions,
sick days, vacation accrual, no individual or contractor's liability, that an
employee only pays 7% Social Security and not the 15% we pay,
no errors and omissions, no responsibility for mistakes, including getting
paid again to fix his own mistakes, a W-2 instead of a 1099, employer pays
all expenses ( including tools ) untaxed, etc. all of which would be employer
costs above that $20, it's not real terrible, and not too far from what I "clear"
after all the government mandated unfunded expenses, and business
required expenses, such as tools, accounting, quarterly tax "estimates"
and such.

Somebody explain this "spread the wealth" thing again ?

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One to hold the giraffe and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored
power tools.