[SBE] HD plant construction engineer needed

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Thu Oct 23 08:52:12 EDT 2008

And your expenses for insurance, transport, taxes, business lic. etc were what? Your tools?

In this market, the cost of doing business is $5/hr. That means the cost to have a legal business, even if I just sat in the office and had no project expenses, and thus no income, is still $5/hr that I need to cover. You can't do that on less than $50/hr and you won't grow your biz. My nearest competitor, charging $10/hr less than me, just closed his shop. I am one of the less expensive, so I know my rate is fair. I pay my PT help $20-30. That equates to an effective salary of @ $42k if they were FT. At $15/hr you cant be continuing your education or purchase of necessary tools, unless you are not providing those.Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT Comm-Struction and Services LLC V- 410.879.5567 F- 410.272.5750 C- 240.417.2475 ebukont at msn.com A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner

From: kselectronics at hotmail.comTo: sbe at sbe.orgDate: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 04:12:50 -0600Subject: Re: [SBE] HD plant construction engineer needed

In 2001 putting up an FM in Great Falls, Montana My Contractor was billing at $15.00 per hour plus expenses. I was Training at the time for $15 / hour on call and $8 / Hour Scheduled. Two years ago assisting another local Engineer with his FM Digital Transmitter and antenna install, I was making $10 / Hour (as an assistant!) with taxes withheld by the station. Last year assisting on their AM Digital Transmitter Plant upgrade was about the same amount.

From: layton2 at earthlink.netTo: sbe at sbe.orgDate: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:53:20 -0400Subject: Re: [SBE] HD plant construction engineer needed

Wow! I left Chicago in 1984 and was making three times that then!

Jack Layton CPBE
Layton Technical Services
134 Lakeview Drive
McMurray, PA 15317