[SBE] Who is Radiotime.com?

Urban, Brian L burban at kut.org
Fri Oct 24 08:12:16 EDT 2008

We looked at what Radiotime.com is doing with KUT's stream. Their player points to our regular stream (served by StreamGuys). I don't know what the University's legal folks think of this; I passed the whole thing to management and are letting them deal with it.

Since, in our case, Realtime is redirecting to our stream server, doesn't that eliminate the RIAA/Sound Exchange problem? In fact, if it is only a pointer to your regular stream, is there any legal issue at all?

--
Brian Urban
Chief Operator