[SBE] Terrific old 1937 news reel clip!

Jon Frank jon_frank at wgbh.org
Fri Oct 31 20:01:01 EDT 2008

I did. That's where I got the idea. The transmitter building look very
similar to the original house. Unfortunately, the transmitter shots have
poor resolution but it sure look like a WE- 107A. The last three cabinets
look an awful lot like the PA sections pictured here:

http://hawkins.pair.com/wlw/wlw18.jpg

Here are some more pix:

http://www.oldradio.com/archives/stations/cinc/wlwpix.htm

Note the oscillator stage featured in the newsreel.

I know the building addition was done for the 500kw unit so maybe this
footage is from an earlier time. I don't think there were very many
WE-107A's built.

Of course, I could be absolutely mistaken here. Let me know what you find.
I love those guys in the suits. They look like they work at a funeral home.