[SBE] DTV Public Awareness Seminar

Barry Thomas barryt at barryt.org
Wed Nov 5 10:42:32 EST 2008

This seminar put together by the Tampa chapter is similar to a meeting in South Carolina where Chapter 86 participants have been invited to provide expert technical advice. I'm thrilled to see them happening and would love to see them repeated at chapters all over the country! This is an excellent chapter outreach. If you, as an SBE member have an opportunity to participate and offer expert guidance, you should certainly do so. These will be unique opportunities to highlight not just our own expertise but the importance of our Society to our industry and to the public.

Be sure to note your SBE Certification and your Chapter in your by-line or lower 3rd! Touch Base with John Poray for logo files you might need for video. Also, make sure John Poray knows when this happens so we can put it on our calendar, highlight it in SBE-news, and maybe even write a press release about our member education efforts! We want our members and our industry to know about your efforts!

SBE Engineers are the best source for qualified media information. Bar None!

Thanks, Roz. Let us know how this goes!

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT
President,
Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc.