[SBE] Looking for a new home for an FM antenna...

Frank Baptista frankbaptista at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 15:15:29 EST 2009

Hi folks -

I have a client that recently acquired a CP for a non-commercial FM station.  Their CP was based on a mast that they had intended to use, however, it turns out that the intended mast does not have room for the directional multi-bay antenna that they need.

So, after discovering that the Yellow Pages does not have a local "Towers-R-Us", I was wondering what would be a good way to locate another area tower to share.

Besides other FM towers (which I recognize could pose interference problems for the existing station(s) without proper filtering), do cell towers provide a good alternative?  If so, is there a cell tower database?

How about an unoccupied ham antenna mast?  Church steeple?  Golden arches?  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!
Frank Baptista  CBRE, CRO